We could all do with a bit more money in the bank, a house with more space or a faster, more reliable car. And when we are constantly being bombarded with adverts it’s easy to get hung up on the things we DON’T have rather than be grateful for what we DO.
So, when money is tight, or business isn’t exactly booming, it’s worth remembering that many of the best things in life are free! And to get you started here are some of my personal favourite reasons to be cheerful!
- The feel of warm sunshine on your face
- Watching your children sleeping
- Line dried laundry
- A good nights sleep
- Kicking leaves on a bright Autumn day
- Laughing so hard you struggle to come up for air
- Clean sheets
- Getting hooked by a good book
- A nice hot cup of tea
- A cuddle from someone who matters
- An evening thunderstorm after a hot, muggy day
- How your kids smell after a bath and hairwash
- Bare feet in cool grass
- That first sip of wine after a trying day
- A hot bubble bath
- A good natter with a friend
And on the odd occasion that I do have a spare fiver in my purse a bar of Dairy Milk, a bottle of Pinot Grigio or a crisp new paperback would also be guaranteed to put a smile on my face!
We’d love to hear about the things that make you happy on a budget. Leave a comment on our blog and share your top pick-me-ups with our other working mums!