My discovery of this yummy recipe is all thanks to writer and Daddy Blogger Tim over at Bringing Up Charlie. I made these Raspberry and White Chocolate Brownies for our last Business Drop-In and, unusually, politeness/January diets went out the window and everyone came back for seconds.
Some people might find white chocolate a little sweet and sickly but teamed with the raspberries these cakes are moist and delicious whilst maintaining a hint of virtue in the tartness of the fresh fruit.
250g white chocolate
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
5ml vanilla essence
150g plain flour
150g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease/line a 20cm cake tin.
- Break the chocolate and put 175g in a bowl and melt
- Whisk the butter and sugar together, add the eggs and vanilla essence then stir in the chocolate.
- Sift the flour and salt over the mixture and fold in.
- Gently add remaining chocolate and raspberries and spoon into the tin.
- Cook for 30-35 mins and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
There weren’t very many leftovers to bring home last time I made them so I will be making some more very soon!