Are you a Twitter virgin or an experienced Tweeter? Do you have a clear focus in mind as to why you are planning to or are using Twitter? Do you just tweeting aimlessly, in the hope that other Tweeters (and there are millions of them) will decide to follow you or like what you tweet about?
Ask yourself these questions as to why you are using Twitter as a marketing tool to grow your brand and business message:
- What are your expectations?
- What’s in it for your business?
- Who is your target market?
- What will you Tweet about?
- Where will you source information to Tweet about?
Once you have established your clear Twitter focus or goal, here are Ten Top Twitter Tips to help you build your reputation.
- Create a list of 100 top tips that are relevant to your business. Post 1-3 per day. Use, reuse and add to your list.
- Post “Did you know” trivia and quirky facts about your business.
- Share industry updates and news stories sourced from blog posts, online articles, newsletters etc.
- Use Google Alerts keyword search tool to source up to date articles and features.
- Automate your tweets using Buffer or MeetEdgar. However do have “real” conversations to retain your human element.
- Participate in conversations. Join a thread and chat.
- Comment on other peoples’ posts. Retweet posts that you feel offer positive and progressive help for others.
- Offer your helpful advice and opinion. Give to receive. Thank people who retweet you and reply to you. Help others to grow and achieve success.
- Link your Twitter account to your other online social media platforms to maximise the viral spread of your business message.
- Be consistent. Stick with it to build positive connections, with the potential to do business.
Written by Gail Gibson of True Expressions
Discovery, Change, Transformation