Education is being shaped and moulded by the importance of technology and gadgets and devices are becoming an influential part of the learning process. Gradually, more schools are introducing different forms of technology to enhance a child’s ability to learn, to offer more resources and to encourage children to become accustomed to technology that forms a part of everyday life.
The inclusion of technology goes beyond the typical desktop computer. Now schools are using items such as the tablet, laptop tablet, interactive whiteboards and smart televisions which the children can have hands on experience with and constant access to the Internet.
2 in 3 teachers state they need more technology within their classrooms to add additional learning resources that children are comfortable using and will lead to a far more pleasurable learning experience.
- Students take more of an active approach towards their learning by using technology. 6 in 10 teachers use an interactive whiteboard to display the learning techniques and objectives which allow students to see the requirements they need to meet.
- The opportunity to use technology whilst learning means pupils are more enthusiastic and spend more time on their tasks as a way to prolong the time they can use the devices for. This in turn creates a deeper understanding and more intensity surrounding the areas they are learning.
- Technology allows children with different learning styles (visual, auditory, kinaesthetic) to use their preferred style of learning in the classroom
- Children pick up technology quickly and easily, and with encouragement they will be able to use devices to their full advantage. Technology is such an important part of life that it is crucial for children to be able to adapt to technology to easily incorporate it into their lives as they grow.
- Technology forms a big part of home life, and being incorporated into schools it boosts children’s enthusiasm towards the learning environment.
Through technology, teachers are able to…
- Reinforce and expand on the content they are sharing with pupils
- Motivate students to take responsibility for their learning
- Apply educational tasks to students at every level of ability
- Demonstrate things better and use visual aids to support theories
Schools are obliged to keep up to date with modern technology. Children need to be able to use and understand the modern devices that will be required throughout life. It is also essential to find innovative ways to hold the attention of pupils throughout each level of their education and items of technology allow this, actually increasing interest levels and enthusiasm.
As education gets harder, children need more resources to allow them to pick up essential requirements and having sources readily available to them will only benefit learning.
Schools and colleges will continue to include technology in the classroom; it has been a proven success for students and provided a support in their ability to learn. As technology changes, education will follow and the latest gadgets that are beneficial and relevant to the learning environment will be included.