One of our Mum’s the Boss members, Roslyn Lindsay of Rainbow Crafts, shows us how to make a simple but very attractive memory wire bracelet.
You will need:
Coils of memory wire
Round nose pliers
Heavy duty wire cutters/memory wire cutters
Mixture of beads
- Decide how many coils you would like in your bracelet. In the photo, I have used four but there is no hard and fast rule. Cut the wire using heavy duty cutters or memory wire cutters. Do not try to cut the wire with normal cutters as you will blunt them.
- Make a loop 1/2 inch from one end of the memory-wire using round-nose pliers. Bend the wire at a 90 degree angle at the 1/2 inch point. Hold the end of the wire with pliers and rotate the pliers to roll the wire round the rounded tip of the pliers. Memory wire is very stiff, so this may involve a bit of effort. Continue to do this until you have a completely round loop in the wire. Squeeze the end of the wire slightly to ensure the loop is closed and to stop your beads from falling off.
- Start to put your beads on in your chosen design. I have used seed beads with mixed sizes of blue, clear and silver beads but you can mix colours, make all the beads the same size, in fact, you can let your imagination run wild!
- Keep adding beads until just over 1/2 inch of wire remains.
- Before finishing your bracelet off, check that there are no gaps in the beads and the that the beads are right up at the loop you made when starting your bracelet. Finally, make a loop to close the bracelet in the same way you made at the beginning.
It’s as easy as that!
If you would like to be featured doing what you do in your business then take a look at Mum’s the Boss membership.