Working from home can be tough. Sometimes when you run your own busness and you are also responsible for home and family there just are not enough hours in the day to do everything. So what do you do? Leave something in your business unfinished? Neglect your home? Ignore your family? Is it any wonder that work at home mums get stressed?
Here is one possible solution for your busy times – it’s called Mum’s Little Helper and it is a service jointly provided by Mum’s the boss and Sooqini. Basically it is a concierge service -you can dlegate business or personal jobs, one task at a time, and so free up time so that you can do the things that matter most to you
Mum’s Little Helper has helped mums grow their own business in so many fantastic ways.
Some mums have delegated work on their new business to us while they’re still in their paying jobs, while others have used us to launch and accelerate several ventures at the same time.
Carine is a case in point.
She loves cooking and wanted to figure out how to make extra income by cooking for others. However she didn’t want to run a restaurant as she realised that this took many skills which she didn’t have, and would cause her to deviate from her passion.
She called Mum’s Little Helper and, voila, a simple idea developed into a fantastic business: InspiringChefs.com: The UK’s first chef booking site.
Carine’s first step, was to draft a basic business plan with a Mum’s Little Helper business coach.
Thereafter, everything moved quickly and a team of amazing specialists were assigned to:
- Use the wisdom of their community of 18,000+ people to come up with the best company names
- Design a cool logo
- Develop a beta website to test the concept
- Test any bugs on the site and get early feedback
- Manage the Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Organise the inaugural event
All of this happened in only a few weeks when it could have otherwise taken months and lots of sleepless nights.
So do you need help for your business? Want to be more productive so you can spend more time with your treasures? or would you like to delegate some home chores so you canspend more time at work?
Here are the most popular things that busy mums have asked us for, although we can turn our hands to all sorts of other things too.
1. Social media marketing (FB/Twitter, etc)
3. Doing research for you (e.g. collecting sales leads)
4. Developing and designing your new site
5. Booking a trusted cleaner
6. Booking someone to assemble your IKEA furniture
7. Booking a CRB-checked nanny
8. List your stuff on eBay/Etsy/Amazon
9. Data entry
10. Plan your next trip at a low cost