Posts Tagged: recipe
These lemon meringue cupcakes look very impressive and are definitely ‘grown-up’ cupcakes! Fresh and tangy they are a perfect summer cake or served as a pudding.
Here is a recipe for gingerbread biscuits which I regularly make with my children. I have tried many different biscuit recipes but these are our favourite as they make tasty biscuits that the children will actually eat – not just lick the icing off!
- 175g Self Raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Sugar decorations
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets
- Melt butter and syrup together in pan and pour over all dry ingredients
- Mix together well and use hands to form into a dough ball – be careful at this stage as the mixture can be hot so allow to cool before children touch.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approx 5mm thickness
- Cut out shapes and bake in oven for approx 8-12 minutes until lightly browned
- Allow to cool fully then decorate your gingerbread biscuits
Cooking is always a fail safe activity to keep the children busy in the holidays. These strawberry cheesecake cupcakes are a delicious treat and perfect for the summer, making good use of fruit that is in season, and which you may even have growing in your own garden. They look great and taste even better!
My discovery of this yummy recipe is all thanks to writer and Daddy Blogger Tim over at Bringing Up Charlie. I made these Raspberry and White Chocolate Brownies for our last Business Drop-In and, unusually, politeness/January diets went out the window and everyone came back for seconds.
Some people might find white chocolate a little sweet and sickly but teamed with the raspberries these cakes are moist and delicious whilst maintaining a hint of virtue in the tartness of the fresh fruit.
250g white chocolate
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
5ml vanilla essence
150g plain flour
150g raspberries (fresh or frozen)