Here is a recipe for gingerbread biscuits which I regularly make with my children. I have tried many different biscuit recipes but these are our favourite as they make tasty biscuits that the children will actually eat – not just lick the icing off!
Ingredients for gingerbread biscuits
- 175g Self Raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Sugar decorations
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets
- Melt butter and syrup together in pan and pour over all dry ingredients
- Mix together well and use hands to form into a dough ball – be careful at this stage as the mixture can be hot so allow to cool before children touch.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to approx 5mm thickness
- Cut out shapes and bake in oven for approx 8-12 minutes until lightly browned
- Allow to cool fully then decorate your gingerbread biscuits
Please let me know how you get on with this recipe. Id love to see some of the decorated ginger biscuits that you or your children make. Decorating biscuits is such a fun activity when they are small.
Please take a look at some of my more recent recipe posts as well