This lemon cake recipe came from my friend after I tasted it at her house – so I have no idea of its true origins, but it is a great cake to make – quick, easy and very tasty. I have made this for Mum’s The Boss meetings and other occasions and it has always received many compliments. The other great thing about this cake is that it only uses ingredients that I would always have in the house. And maybe – just maybe – the squirt of lemon juice goes some way towards your 5-a-Day!!
- 4oz soft margarine
- 6oz self raising flour
- 6oz sugar
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 large eggs
- Squirt of lemon juice
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin
- Bake at 180C for approx 35 – 45 mins
- Once cool slice and fill with butter cream and/or lemon curd
- I often drizzle with lemon icing –just icing sugar mixed with lemon juice
Good luck – and enjoy!
Here are some more posts you may enjoy: